Saturday, June 4, 2011

July 2011 Writing Challenge

We had a Skype date scheduled tonight. He never responded to any texts. I think something is wrong.

4 days later

He finally called me.  As I yank each word from his lips like teeth, I realize this is so much worse than I could have imagined. There is no way I'm staying here. 9 hours away. I'm too far away from him.
He never really has mentioned his dad before. Doesn't like to talk about his family. Always seems to regard them negatively. Now it doesn't matter. His dad is gone forever. Bought a grill and blew it up in his car. It's the most creative suicide I've ever heard of.
I'm fighting my mom to come home. I need to be there for him. I need to make sure he's ok. I'm not allowed.
I have to stay at school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind