Friday, May 27, 2011

NaNoWriMo Camp Daily Challenge: Day 1

Oh, lovely. Here comes Prince Charming once again to save the day. It makes sense, since in every other story my kind is always evil. I suppose he might think I'm evil as well.

The fact that I'm in love with him never crosses his mind. All he sees are the cat fights I always seem to get into with the maiden who holds his heart.

The jealousy I feel is enough to swallow me whole. Why not let him kill me? It will save me from years of a painful hole in my chest. I can not let him marry that bitch, though. If only he could see her for who she truly was. She plays sweet and innocent, but I know all the knights she has cheated on him with. I know all the things she has done that will eventually cause him heartache.

I try to calm down, change back to my human form to talk to him. However, counting to ten is slightly more difficult when I'm defending myself from his powerful sword.

I take the sword out of his hands and grasp it tightly. Then, I start counting and breathing, and finally I'm his size. He looks at me questioningly. I can see what he's thinking.

I begin timidly. "Sir, I can understand your confusion. However, I would never try to hurt you. I know who you think I am and who you think your lovely maiden is, but you have it all wrong. She is the one who made me like this. She made me into a dragon. She could not stand the thought of having any competition for you."

The prince stands there, simply staring at me in amazement. Oh goodness, I hope he's listening. Even more, he has to believe me.

1 comment:

  1. I really like it :) an original idea with the dragon in love with the prince very cute :)

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind